View Full Version : exploding paste as seen on brainiac

Bosman310
09-29-2005, 09:02 AM
To make Peter Logan's Exploding Paste:
First of all, you need only two ingredients: Iodine crystals and Ammonium Hydroxide.
You can get the iodine at drug stores and pharmacies (you may have to sign for it). Even if you can get pure ammonium hydroxide, you probably don't want it - it's purity affects the strength of the explosive, and you don't want the result to be blowing the wall of your house off.
Very strong household ammonia water will do OK, but it must be clear - if it's cloudy, it won't work.

OK, now we're on to the making.
1. It's a good idea to crush up the iodine crystals - this will make them react faster.
2. Put two tablespoons of the crystals into a glass or pyrex container that will hold at least 500ml..
3. Now add about 100ml of the ammonium hydroxide. You should always add a little more than you need here - if you add too much, it won't affect the outcome, but if you add too little, it will be incomplete.
4. You want to stir the mixture for about ten minutes. If all goes to plan, you should see some bubbles of Hydrogen being given off. When these bubbles stop, the reaction is over.
5. Leave your mixture for about 5 minutes to make sure everything's completely done, and you should see some stuff at the bottom of your container. This is your paste, which can be separated by pouring the whole lot through filter paper. Don't worry about damaging your funnel - the liquid you're getting rid of is just water now.
6. The paste should dry after about an hour, so if you want to keep it, store it with a little water (to keep it damp) in an airtight tin.
7. Remember, if you store it too long, it will decompose!
OK, that's it

Its an exploding paste, you put it on anything, wait for it to try then its funny

rehabisforquitters
09-30-2005, 12:29 AM
it seems like whenever I try this sort of thing it always ends up blowing my face off. I think I'll try it!

treefalse
09-30-2005, 12:46 AM
Bring your camera!

Bosman310
09-30-2005, 09:03 AM
ive made some its not as bad as u think the explosion is kinda cool tho

Puppet
10-11-2005, 07:41 PM
dude man gprime is famous i was looking for this exact thing on google and like the 3rd result is a forum i post on this 1

jarred
03-19-2006, 01:07 PM
any idea where to get ammonium hydroxide from

bfchickenchaser
03-19-2006, 03:36 PM
How do you make it 'splode?

MrNaPaLm32
03-19-2006, 04:00 PM
any idea where to get ammonium hydroxide fromyou can make it.

tee-hee
03-19-2006, 11:22 PM
haha if only I had the determination to try that.

INK
03-20-2006, 01:39 AM
you can make it.But it's no walk-in-the-park

gussa
03-20-2006, 02:55 AM
and alot of us are extreemly lazy

tee-hee
03-20-2006, 07:47 PM
and alot of us are extreemly lazy
Yes, emphasis on the a lot....

Drunken_Shinobi
03-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Sounds interesting...

tee-hee
03-20-2006, 07:50 PM
Sounds interesting...
Hmm...to me almost anything that has the word 'exploding' in it is interesting.

uber_jedi
03-21-2006, 09:52 PM
I am going to make napalm tomorrow and burn it in an open field so I don't commit arsenry to someone's house.

MrNaPaLm32
03-23-2006, 01:18 AM
I am going to make napalm tomorrow and burn it in an open field so I don't commit arsenry to someone's house.That's weird. Wouldnt burning Napalm in an open field light the feild on fire. So then you would have arseny on several houses?
==============================
To make Peter Logan's Exploding Paste:
First of all, you need only two ingredients: Iodine crystals and Ammonium Hydroxide.
You can get the iodine at drug stores and pharmacies (you may have to sign for it). Even if you can get pure ammonium hydroxide, you probably don't want it - it's purity affects the strength of the explosive, and you don't want the result to be blowing the wall of your house off.
Very strong household ammonia water will do OK, but it must be clear - if it's cloudy, it won't work.

OK, now we're on to the making.
1. It's a good idea to crush up the iodine crystals - this will make them react faster.
2. Put two tablespoons of the crystals into a glass or pyrex container that will hold at least 500ml..
3. Now add about 100ml of the ammonium hydroxide. You should always add a little more than you need here - if you add too much, it won't affect the outcome, but if you add too little, it will be incomplete.
4. You want to stir the mixture for about ten minutes. If all goes to plan, you should see some bubbles of Hydrogen being given off. When these bubbles stop, the reaction is over.
5. Leave your mixture for about 5 minutes to make sure everything's completely done, and you should see some stuff at the bottom of your container. This is your paste, which can be separated by pouring the whole lot through filter paper. Don't worry about damaging your funnel - the liquid you're getting rid of is just water now.
6. The paste should dry after about an hour, so if you want to keep it, store it with a little water (to keep it damp) in an airtight tin.
7. Remember, if you store it too long, it will decompose!
OK, that's it

Its an exploding paste, you put it on anything, wait for it to try then its funnythats a double replacement reaction. wouldnt you just get Ammonium Iodite?

rehabisforquitters
03-23-2006, 02:16 AM
thats a double replacement reaction. wouldnt you just get Ammonium Iodite?
It's a Single-Replacement reaction. Iodine+Ammonium Hydroxide=Ammonium Iodide+Hydroxide. Ammonium Iodide is combustible.

MrNaPaLm32
03-23-2006, 09:26 AM
It's a Single-Replacement reaction. Iodine+Ammonium Hydroxide=Ammonium Iodide+Hydroxide. Ammonium Iodide is combustible.that cant be right. he said hydrogen bubbles came off. Hydroxide, is not hydrogen. Hydroxide is aqueous.

tee-hee
03-23-2006, 04:38 PM
How do you make it 'splode?
Umm...by what Bosman said you just stick it to somehting and let it dry and it'll splode. That's why if you store it, store it damp.

MrNaPaLm32
03-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Alright. I figued out what you should REALLY do to make exploding paste.

As before, take 15ml Ammonia, and 3g Iodine, stick them in a beaker.

Allow them to sit for 5-10 minutes.

There should be a brown substance at the bottom of the container.

the brown substance is EXTREMELY reactive, not enough to blow off a hand, but enough to make a very large bang, dependant on how much you use.

To store the Brown Substance, add ethanol(aka rubbing Alcohol) and keep in an AIR TIGHT container. (alcohol evaporates, in case you didnt notice).

Then paint it onto something with a brush or something. If you use a pure enough Ammonia, even breathing on it after its dry can cause it to explode.

Chemical Equation

2NI3 → N2 + 3I2

Ilikepandas
03-24-2006, 02:51 AM
science is my weak point

tee-hee
03-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Chemistry is my weak point. I like science

MrNaPaLm32
03-25-2006, 07:20 PM
Chemistry is my weak point. I like scienceI have an A in chemistry. WEEEEE...

poisonedcandy_X
03-25-2006, 10:48 PM
I am going to make napalm tomorrow and burn it in an open field so I don't commit arsenry to someone's house.
I hope you didn't really. That's pretty dangerous...

langharig tuig
04-22-2008, 04:28 AM
hello people i made this account just to tell you this!!

The exploding paste works!

we tried at school and this is what happend:

we made way too much and didnt know how much was needed to make it explode, so what the hell we begun with about spreading 3gram on a table in the lab at school. this was around the time we all went home and started our weekend.

when we came back monday, we all tried it at home and we figured that we only needed a small amount to make a bang
so we were like omfg we spreaded to much in the lab. and we removed it with water. but when the day continued we ended up spreading it all around the lab (without the teacher knowning it, caus shes never around anyway)
and every where we walked there was a bang caus it was all messed up and under our feet, and we even forgot where we pasted the stuff.

so what happend next?? yes we got busted!

when it makes a bang it leaves a messy yellow spot. so there was alot of cleaning to do. but there was this one ass'ole that got scared and went to teacher to tell on us. and that wasnt Fun!

caus the teachers all got pissed at us, and told us they could see it trough the fingers this time. but when we did something stupid like that again we got kicked out of school ...

So to the kids who think this would be funny as hell at school!
Think before you act and u miss out all the fun xP

Willy_Wonka
04-22-2008, 01:48 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/cortlesteeze/pix/ThreadNecro.jpg

MrNaPaLm32
04-22-2008, 03:18 PM
hello people i made this account just to tell you this!!

The exploding paste works!

we tried at school and this is what happend:

we made way too much and didnt know how much was needed to make it explode, so what the hell we begun with about spreading 3gram on a table in the lab at school. this was around the time we all went home and started our weekend.

when we came back monday, we all tried it at home and we figured that we only needed a small amount to make a bang
so we were like omfg we spreaded to much in the lab. and we removed it with water. but when the day continued we ended up spreading it all around the lab (without the teacher knowning it, caus shes never around anyway)
and every where we walked there was a bang caus it was all messed up and under our feet, and we even forgot where we pasted the stuff.

so what happend next?? yes we got busted!

when it makes a bang it leaves a messy yellow spot. so there was alot of cleaning to do. but there was this one ass'ole that got scared and went to teacher to tell on us. and that wasnt Fun!

caus the teachers all got pissed at us, and told us they could see it trough the fingers this time. but when we did something stupid like that again we got kicked out of school ...

So to the kids who think this would be funny as hell at school!
Think before you act and u miss out all the fun xPWhat I took from this is so long as you're not a total dumbass, exploding paste works fine as a prank.

Backflip
04-22-2008, 06:56 PM
haha if only I had the determination to try that.

odd, tee-hee won a tournament 0.o

MeTal CaNdYcaNe
04-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Yeah, what's up with ex members winning that stuff?

Dudeo
04-23-2008, 12:15 PM
I asked that before, I think it's blackice screwing with our minds.

Natus Lumen
04-24-2008, 07:12 PM
No, he's a necromancer who controls the dead and uses their corpse shells to do his dirty work.

Natus Lumen
04-24-2008, 07:13 PM
I have an A in chemistry. WEEEEE...

My chemistry teacher accidentally gave me a 5000 for a test grade.

I was valedictorian for two days.

Natus Lumen
04-24-2008, 07:16 PM
As it stands, I have a hundred in that class. But I just looked and she hasn't entered our acid-titration lab or our acids and bases test, which I'm fairly sure I failed completely and miserably. I've never known that little on a test.

Supa Fool
04-28-2008, 09:11 PM
I never try in science and I usually get A's or B+'s

MeTal CaNdYcaNe
04-29-2008, 08:25 PM
You're either a natural or you have a bad/lazy teacher.

Supa Fool
04-29-2008, 09:56 PM
I guess I'm a natural in all my classes then. Well, except World History.

MeTal CaNdYcaNe
04-29-2008, 10:25 PM
But that's almost always the easiest class. Which is so not cool. World History deserves so much more attention, because it's way more interesting than anything about America.

Supa Fool
04-30-2008, 11:05 AM
It's not easy when you've got a teacher who assigns a project or a test every week. And the tests are impossible, because most of the questions are about things we haven't learned.

MeTal CaNdYcaNe
04-30-2008, 04:05 PM
That sucks! Instead of them not teaching at all the "teach" excessively and you don't learn anything anyways.

Supa Fool
04-30-2008, 07:42 PM
exactly.

jimjam
02-23-2009, 03:23 PM
But it's no walk-in-the-park

how

Backflip
02-23-2009, 04:14 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/cortlesteeze/pix/ThreadNecro.jpg

NartFOpc
02-23-2009, 06:57 PM